MLA ’18 General Information
Registration opens January 17, 2018
Medical Library Association
118th Annual Meeting and Exhibition
Hyatt Regency Atlanta
May 18–23, 2018
This is MLA’s premier event and draws more than 2,400 participants including medical librarians and other health information professionals, international attendees, and exhibitors. MLA ’18 offers a variety of opportunities for attending educational sessions, seeing the latest products in the Exhibit Hall, and networking with colleagues.
The meeting is a 4 and 1/2 day interdisciplinary educational experience, with a 3-day commercial exhibition that attracts over 100 exhibitors from around the world. Meeting highlights include the John P. McGovern Award Lecture, the Janet Doe Lecture, and over 200 peer-reviewed papers, lightning talks, and posters.
Look forward to several noverlties for MLA's 118th meeting:
- Diversity and inclusion: plan to attend programming an open forum on diversity and inclusion, including Wednesday keynote presentations by Dara Richardson-Heron, MD, chief engagement officer, All of Us Research Program, National Institutes of Health, and by David Satcher, MD, founding director, Satcher Health Leadership Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine.
- Health Information for Public Librarians: 150 public librarians will be joining the meeting for a 1 and 1/2 day symposium of interest to both public librarians and health sciences librarians. The symposium offers programming in the area of health information to the public and provides a unique opportunity for public and health sciences librarians to network.
- Silver and Gold Networking Dinner: the Tuesday dinner will be about community and fun, with a regional theme highlighting MLA chapters and NNLM regions, and MLA’s first international talent show. Awards and recognitions will be presented during plenary sessions on Sunday and Tuesday mornings.
Public librarians interested in registering for the symposium on health information, please go to the specific information page.
- Friday and Saturday, May 18–19: Pre-Meeting CE Courses
- Saturday, May 19: Welcome Reception and Opening of the Hall of Exhibits
- Sunday–Wednesday (noon), May 20–May 23: Meeting programs
- Tuesday-Wednesday (noon), May 22-May 23: Symposium on Health Information for Public Librarians
Join your colleagues at MLA ’18 for innovative and practical continuing education (CE) courses. CE courses are a great way to learn new roles and stay at the forefront of the health information profession. Courses will take place on Friday, May 18, and Saturday, May 19.
Program sessions will feature contributed papers, lightning talks, and special content sessions. Special content sessions may include a panel of invited speakers, a single invited speaker, a facilitated book discussion, and so on. Learn more about program sessions and how to submit an abstract. The online Submission Form for author abstracts opens August 1, 2017. Submission due date is October 10, 2017.
Posters will be located near the Hall of Exhibits. Attendees can view peer-reviewed posters on MLANET starting three weeks before the meeting.
The Hyatt Regency Atlanta, 265 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30303, will be the site for meetings and the Hall of Exhibits.
2018 Key Dates
- January: Members receive registration materials
- January 17: Registration opens
- April 18: Last day for discounted early-bird registration and hotel reservations
- May 18–19: MLA ’18 CE courses, Hyatt Regency Atlanta
- May 19–23: MLA ’18 Annual Meeting and Exhibition, Hyatt Regency Atlanta
- May 22-23: Symposium on Health Information for Public Librarians