First tip: Register for MLA’18 by 12:00 midnight, April 18, for the early-bird discount.
Lodging – Book your hotel reservation at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta by the discount cut-off date, April 18. You will be near meetings, exhibits, and networking opportunities, saving travel time and money. Share the cost with roommates. To locate a roommate, post a “Roommate Wanted” notice on Medlib-L or #mlanet18. Exercise caution when selecting a roommate you don’t know.
Travel - Hartsfield has low-cost flights by Southwest, Delta, ExpressJet, American, US Air, United, Alaska Airlines, AirTran, and Spirit. Click here for discounts on Delta.
Ground Transportation from Hartsfield –
- Download a free ride-sharing app and enjoy $20 off your first Lyft or Uber
- Ask about the flat-rate Taxi-fare to the Hyatt Regency Atlanta Peachtree Center.
- Take MARTA – Rapid Transit, another way to get to and from the airport, click for details.
- Get discounts on AVIS car rentals.
- Use apps to save on parking.
Food - Use the MLA ’18 Restaurant Guide in your meeting bag for moderately priced restaurants
- Eat family-style with colleagues -- Share main courses.
- Sign-up at the Hospitality Desk for dine-arounds on Thursday & Friday.
- Buy food at a local store.
- Fill-up at the Welcome Reception, Saturday, 5pm and at refreshment breaks, Sunday at 2:30pm and Monday at 10am & 2:30pm in Exhibits.
- Breakfast and learn at a Sunrise Seminar, 7:00 AM – 8:55 AM, Sunday and Monday. Check the online program for the schedule.
- Attend exhibitor receptions Sunday and Monday. Look for vendor invites.