Browsing and reading medical journals are the best ways clinicians, nurses and researchers stay current with fast moving biomedical information. As print journals have shifted to the web, the journal collection has become largely invisible, accessible mainly through article level searching. Databases and discovery tools, however, are nothing like the old periodical reading rooms!
BrowZine is a leading technology that recovers the browsing and reading experience. Join Third Iron Co-Founder and President John Seguin, MLS to learn why medical libraries around the world use BrowZine to meet the needs of their users, extend library services, and promote better journal engagement.
Topics covered in the webinar:
- Product overview: demonstration of the BrowZine web service and mobile applications
- Integrations: examples of how BrowZine features may be integrated into popular discovery service, bento displays and used as the journal A-Z.
- Taxonomy: review of the brand new Medical Taxonomy used to categorize your journals for better discovery
- Personalization: review of My Bookshelf and My Articles used to follow favorite journals, be alerted when new articles are published and to save favorite articles – and how everything is automatically synchronized across devices.
- Maintenance: discussion of how BrowZine can automatically synchronize with your e-journal holdings to reflect your current subscriptions.
John Seguin, MLS, is the co-founder, President and COO of Third Iron. John has worked with libraries for over 17 years, first as an academic librarian then for ProQuest. John leads the BrowZine product development team.
- Length: 1 hour webinar
- Date/Time: March 6 (1:00pm, Central time) OR March 8 (10:00am, Central time). Link to the recording will be made available after the presentation.
- Cost: Free
- Click here to register!