Seattle is a world-class city with many wonderful attractions and is a premier destination for arts, entertainment, and leisure activities. Seattle’s central location provides easy access to a wide variety of must see attractions. Here are just a few of the attractions:
- The Space Needle; A 43-second elevator ride takes you up 520 feet to the observation deck of the Space Needle, built for the 1962 World’s Fair.
- Pike Place Market; Established in 1907, Seattle’s Pike Place Market is the granddaddy of farmers’ markets. Open year-round, this is Seattle’s most iconic attraction.
- Seattle Center; The Seattle Center is a 74-acre complex where you will find arts, entertainment, a park, and much more.
- Seattle’s Chinatown-International District; This neighborhood is thriving with an array of flavorful Asian cuisines. Discover a myriad of shops selling everything from fresh fish to traditional herbs, with cool cultural festivals—like Dragon Fest and the Night Market & Autumn Moon Festival—throughout the year.
- Did you know that Washington state is the second-largest wine producer in the country? With more than 900 winemakers in Washington, there is a glass (or bottle) to be found for any wine enthusiast. You can sip your way around Seattle with more than 20 in-city wineries.
Seattle is an exciting cosmopolitan city surrounded by unmatched natural beauty. While planning your trip to MLA ’17, be sure to explore and take in the city's historic sites and points of interest.
Traveling on a shoestring? Not to worry. There are plenty of attractions with free admission, too.
Registration is still open! Register now!