An Online Continuing Education Tutorial Designed for MLA CE Instructors
This Web-based tutorial is designed to take you through the process of formatting your continuing education (CE) content for delivery via the Web. The tutorial is intended for current continuing education instructors who already have an understanding of teaching and adult learning principles.
After taking this tutorial, you should have a better:
- ability to determine the appropriateness of delivering content
via the Web;
- awareness of the process of taking CE content and putting it
on the Web;
- ability to identify potential pitfalls in Web delivery;
- understanding of key instructional design options for Web-based
- awareness of differences between Web-based and in-person instruction;
- awareness of logistic considerations in producing and delivering
a Web-based course.
Use this tutorial by going directly to one of the topics listed on the left or start with this introduction and go through all the topics in order by clicking on the arrows at the bottom of the page. The time it takes to complete this tutorial will depend on how ready you are to answer questions related to your own course.