Determine Course Logistics
Logistics that are often non-issues for you when offering a course at a chapter or annual MLA meeting, need to be decided by you in a Web environment. Small things like handling registration and collecting fees may be your responsibility when you offer your course via the Web.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Where will this course be hosted?
- Once completed, how much interaction will be required of me to run this course?
- How will I handle registering students?
- Can students sign up on their own and take the course independently or will you or another instructor need to be involved throughout the course?
- How will I collect any course fees from students?
- If I have copyrighted materials in my course, how will I make them available to students? Will I make them available to students or expect students to get copies on their own?
- What time frame will I give students for completing the course?
For more in-depth information on specific issues, refer to the logistics section of this tutorial.