Determine Appropriate Assessments
As you do in a face-to-face course, you will need to consider what assessments you will employ to gauge whether students are comprehending the information. You will also need some way of tracking whether students have indeed completed the course and assessments may be helpful in doing so.
Questions to ask yourself:
- How will I know if students are learning the key concepts?
- Do my current assessments make sense in a Web-based environment? If not, can I alter them so they will work or do I need to create totally new assessments?
- Will assessments require any feedback from me or will they be stand-alone and self grading?
- Will there be several assessments throughout the course, or will the assessment be at the end of the course?
- On what criteria will I base student completion? Will completion of assessments be required to get MLA CE credit?
- How will I incorporate the MLA CE evaluation into the course?