Review Intended Audience
Delivering your course via the Web offers you the potential of connecting with a wider audience than you may reach in a face-to-face course. You will want to analyze your target audience and the likelihood that they would be interested in taking or have previous experience with a Web-based course.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Would this content be of interest to individuals outside of medical librarianship? If so, am I interested in trying to reach this audience?
- What are the demographics of my audience?
- Are they likely to be technologically savvy or technologically challenged?
- How self-disciplined and self-motivated can I expect them to be?
- How do I expect students to access materials? (e.g. will they be connecting from home via a 28.8 modem or at work via a direct Internet connection)
- Will students need plug-ins or other software to view course materials?
- Are they likely to have needed resources available to complete the course?