Review Adaptability of Content for Web Environment
As you begin the process of transferring your course from a face-to-face course to a Web environment, you will want to re-examine your educational content to make sure it can effectively be conveyed online.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Can the content stand on its own?
- What content must be included?
- What content, if any, could be eliminated?
- Can the content be "chunked" effectively for easy reading and comprehension in a Web environment?
- Does the content have to be presented linearly? If yes, is there a way I can control for this in a Web environment?
- Do existing exercises and assessments lend themselves to the Web?
- Does the content have copyright or licensing restrictions that need to be taken into account?
- Is the content dependent on interactivity and communication between students? If yes, how much so?