Also see Donald Washburn's Oral History Summary
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- President, 1970-71
- Treasurer, 1967-69
- Convention Chairman, 61st Annual Meeting, Chicago, 1962
- Standards for Medical Librarianship Committee, chair, 1959
- Bulletin Medical Library Association, Assistant Manager and Business Manager,1953-56
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1978
- American College of Dentists, Elected to Membership
- American Academy of the History of Dentistry, Recipient of Hayden-Harris Award
Publications (5 representative)
- Washburn DA, Lage LC, Miller LB. Dental, nursing and pharmaceutical libraries, 1947-1957. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1957 Jul;45:371-5.
- Washburn DA. Symposium on Postwar Advances in Dental Documentation: Recording Dental Knowledge: Nomenclature and Journalism. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1958 Jan;46:91-5.
- Washburn DA, Mann MA. Index to Dental Literature: broadening its scope and usefulness. Trans Amer Dent Assoc Dent Editors 1959 Sep;21:73-9.
- Washburn DA, Willis EA. A Librarian and an editor view dental journals. Conference on dental journalism 1960 Jun;9:42-52.
- Washburn DA. Bibliography of dental journals. Mississippi Valley Med J 1960 Jan;82:43-50.
- Librarian and Director, American Dental Association, Bureau of Library and Indexing Services, Chicago, IL, 1949-77
- Research Consultant and Assistant Research Librarian, John Crerar Library, Chicago, IL, 1948-9
- Biographer, U.S. Quartermaster Depot, 1946–8
- Acting Librarian, Mich. Public Library, Coldwater, MI, 1946
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Orfanos, M. Donald Washburn, D.D.S., B.L.S. [obituary]. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1994 Jul;82(3):350-1. [cited April 10, 2007]
- Honors and Awards. Proceedings, 78th Annual Meeting Medical Library Association, Inc. Chicago, Illinois June 10-15, 1978. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1979 January; 67(1): 89. [cited April 10, 2007]
- Orfanos M. Donald Washburn, President, Medical Library Association, 1970/71. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1970 Jul;58(3):425-6. [cited April 12, 2007]
Contributed by June Glaser, AHIP, FMLA
Edited March 27, 2007