MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Nominating Committee, Member, 1991
- Board of Directors, Member, 1983–1986
- Finance Committee, Member, 1983–1986
- Committee on Committees, Member, 1983–986
- Chapter Council, Chair, Member, 1983–1986
- Exchange Committee, US Book Exchange Representative, ex officio Member, 1977–1979
- New York–New Jersey Chapter
- Chair, 1979–1980
- Newsletter editor
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1994
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished Member
- Consumer Health Information Specialization
- New York-New Jersey Chapter Lifetime Achievement Award, 1994
- Who's Who in Science and Engineering, 1st edition
Other Accomplishments & Activities
- Newark Council on Higher Education
- New Jersey Library Network, Special Committee for Planning and Protocols
- Council of the National Library and Information Associations, Board of Directors, Member, 1989–1992
- National Library of Medicine, resource grant to create the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey libraries health information network, 1986
Publications (2 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PMC.
- Basile VA, Taylor MV. Rosenstein, Philip, 1922–1993 [obituary]. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1993 Oct;81(4):469–70. [cited 24 Sep 2012].
- Taylor MV, compiler. Chapter Council procedure manual. Medical Library Association; 1983.
- Director and Assistant University Librarian, George F. Smith Library, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey–Newark, 1988–1994
- Assistant University Librarian, George F. Smith Library, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey–Newark, 1984–1988
- Serials Librarian, George F. Smith Library, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey–Newark, 1971–1984
- Head, Reader Services, Harlem Hospital Library, Columbia University, New York City, NY, 1970–1971
- Reference Librarian, Physicians News Services and Medical Tribune, New York City, NY, 1963–1970
- Librarian, Jewish Chronic Diseases Hospital, Brooklyn, New York, NY, 1960–1963
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Henderson C. Transcript of oral interview with Madeline V. Taylor. 2012.
- Presentation of awards. Proceedings, Ninety-Fourth Annual Meeting Medical Library Association, Inc., San Antonio, Texas, May 13–19, 1994. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1995 Jan;83(1):118–46. [cited 22 Sep 2012].
- Librarian Trainee, Brooklyn Public Library
- MLS, Library Service, Columbia University, 1970
- BS, Chemistry, Brooklyn College, 1954
Contributed by Cynthia Henderson, Judith Cohn, Diane McKenzie