MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Board of Directors, members, 1978-81
- Ad Hoc Committee for the Development of Certification Examinations, chair, 1975-76
- Upstate New York and Ontario Chapter
- Chair, 1977 - 78
- Vice-chair, Member-at-Large, Executive Committee, 1975-78
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1983
- MLA certification, 1967
- MLA Study and Travel Fellowship, 1957 which allowed her to visit 32 medical libraries in the United States when she was head of the University of Natal Medical School Library in South Africa.
- McMaster University Faculty of Health Sciences "Community of Distinction," 2005.
- McMaster University, Health Sciences Library, Beatrice H. Robinow Library Enrichment Fund, 1999
- South African Library Association, Fellow, 1939
Publications (5 representative)
- Robinow BH. A long way from home: a South African looks at American medical libraries. Bull Med Lib Assoc 1959 July;47(3):293-304.
- Robinow BH. Oral History (done July, 1982). McMaster University, Faculty of Health Sciences Archives. Hamilton, Ontario.
- Robinow BH. New medical library buildings. IV The Health Sciences Library, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario. Bull Med Lib Assoc 1972 Oct;60(4):559-65
- Robinow BH. Audiovisuals and non-print learning resources in a health sciences library. J Biocommunication 1979 Mar;6(1):14-9
- Director, McMaster University, Health Sciences Library, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, 1966–82
- Chief of Technical Services, Emory University Medical School Library, Atlanta, GA, 1962-63
- Lecturer, Cape Town University Library School, Cape Town, South Africa, 1943-46
- University of Witwatersrand Library, Johannesburg, South Africa, 1936-39
- Veterinary College in Onderstepoort, Onderstepoort, South Africa, 1935
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Fitzgerald D. Beatrix (Bee) Robinow, 1915-2001. [obituary] J Med Libr Assoc 2003 Apr:91(2): 272-3. [cited April 3, 2007]
- Honors and Awards. Proceedings, 83rd Annual Meeting Medical Library Association, Inc. Houston, Texas May 27-June 2, 1983. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1984 January; 72(1):73 [cited April 12, 2007]
(Birth 1915; Death 2001)
Contributed by June Glaser, AHIP, FMLA
Edited March 27, 2007