MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- MLA Board, member, 2005–2008
- Section Council, chair, 2005–2008
- MLA Nominating Committee, member, 2002–2003
- MLA Section Council, member, 2001–2005
- Standing Committee, International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Section of Science and Technology Libraries, member, 2001–2004
- MLA Corporate Information Services Section, interim chair, 2000–2002
- IFLA 2001 National Organizing Committee, member, 1997–2001; IFLA 2001 Local Planning Sub-Committee, chair, 1997–2001, MLA-appointed member-at-large to IFLA
- Membership Committee, member, 1996–1999
- North Atlantic Health Sciences Libraries (NAHSL), chair, 1995–1996; Conference, chair, 1995; Continuing Education Committee, member, 1992–1995
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 2015
- North Atlantic Health Sciences Libraries Achievement Award, 2001
- The Sheba Prize in appreciation for an outstanding contribution to the Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer, 1991
Other Accomplishments and Activities (selected)
- New England Journal of Medicine, Library Advisory Board, member, 2004–2006
- Rhode Island Library Board, member, 2000–2006
- Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries, Leadership Task Force, member, 1999–2003
- Ocean State Free Net, vice-president, 1994–1995
- Israel Special Libraries and Information Centers, president, 1983–1986
- Israel Special Libraries and Information Centers, National Conference organizer, 1973–1986
- Department of Library Studies, Bar-Ilan University, National Center for Scientific and Technological Information, and Library School, Haifa University, lecturer, 1972–1982
Publications (5 representative)
- Reis T. Divergent roads lead to the board. MLA News. 2006 Sep;389:18–9.
- White WL, Reis T. Images from the Brown University Alcohol and Addiction Studies collections. Addiction. 2006 Jun;101(6):788–92.
- Slocomb MA, Reis T. Rhode Island multi-type library outreach for health information. Poster presented at MLA ’05, the 105th Annual Meeting of the Medical Library Association, San Antonio, TX, May 14–19, 2005; poster based on a grant from the New England Regional Medical Library, National Network of Libraries of Medicine.
- Fark R, Nolan AC, Reis T. Technology and the network: redesigning an academic library reference department. In: LaGuardin C, Mitchell BA, eds. Finding common grounds: creating the library of the future without diminishing the library of the past. New York, NY: Neal-Schuman; 1998. p. 47–57.
- Reis T. Document supply in Israel: a review. Interlending Doc Supply. 1990;18(4):119–22.
- Interim Library Director, James P. Adams Library, Rhode Island College–Providence, 2014–present
- Medical School Librarian, Brown University Library, Providence, RI, 1991–2010
- Medical Library Director, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer, Israel, 1978–1991
- Head, Library and Document Acquisitions Department, National Center for Scientific and Technological Information, Tel-Aviv, Israel, 1972–1978
- Serials Acquisitions Librarian, MIT Libraries, Massachusetts Institute of Technology–Cambridge, 1969–1971
- Acquisitions Librarian, Jewish Theological Seminary Library, New York, NY, 1968–1969
- Librarian, Periodicals Department, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv, Israel, 1966–1968
MLA published statements about the fellow
- MLA honors excellence in health sciences librarianship. MLA News. 2015 May;55(5):9, 24.
- Personals (retirement). MLA News 2010 Aug;50(7):6.
- MLS, Graduate School of Library Science, Jerusalem, Hebrew University, Israel, 1966
- BA, anthropology major, Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, NY, 1965