MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Treasurer, 1983–1984
- Finance Committee, member, 1976–1978; 1983–1984
- Annual Meeting Program Committee, member, 1978
- Exchange Committee, chair, 1965–1972
- Nominating Committee, member, 1971–1972; 1976–1977
- Elections Committee, member, 1976–1977
- Ad Hoc Task Analysis Committee, Chicago, member, 1976–1978
- Dental Section, Standards Committee, 1992; chair, 1952–1953
- Midwest Chapter, secretary-treasurer, 1965–1968; president, 1968–1969
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1989
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished Member
- American Academy of the History of Medicine, Hayden-Harris Award, 1994
- American College of Dentists, Award of Merit, 1967
- Northwestern University, Emerita status, 1989
Other Accomplishments and Activities
- For over 20 years, visited patients in their homes and at Northwestern Hospital through Ministers of Care, Holy Names Cathedral, Chicago
- National Institutes of Health Grant Review Committee, member, 1974
- Midwest Regional Medical Library, Governing Board, secretary, 1971–1972; vice chair, 1973; president, 1974
- Association of Canadian Faculty of Dentistry, surveyor, 1970–1972
Publications (5 representative)
- Orfanos M. Harriett L. Steuernagel, 1907–1998 [obituary]. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1998 Oct;86(4):635 [cited 12 Apr 2007].
- Glaser J. Mason F. Orfanos M. Guidelines for libraries serving dental education programs. Chicago, IL: Medical Library Association; 1993.
- Orfanos M, Vagianos L. Study of dental libraries in Canada. Association of Canadian Faculties of Dentistry; 1971.
- Orfanos M. Donald Washburn, President, Medical Library Association, 1970/71. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1970 Jul;58(3):425–6 [cited 12 Apr 2007].
- Librarian, Dental School Library, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, 1952–1989
- Acting Librarian, Dental School Library, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, 1950–1952
- Assistant Librarian, Dental School Library, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, 1945–1950
- Library Assistant, Dental School Library, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, 1943–1945
- Clerk, Chicago Public Library, Chicago, IL, 1940–1943
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Byrd GD, ed. Proceedings, Eighty-Ninth Annual Meeting Medical Library Association Boston, Massachusetts, May 19–25,1989: awards ceremony. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1990 Jan;78(1):90–115 [cited 15 Feb 2013].
- MS, library science, University of Michigan, 1958
- PhB (bachelor of philosophy) Northwestern University, 1954