See also Thomas Keys' Oral History Summary
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- President, 1957-1958
- Board of Directors, member, 1956-1959
- Committee on Awards, chair, 1948
- Bulletin of the Medical Library Association, editor, 1943-1945
- Publication Committee, member, Bulletin of the Medical Library Association, 1942
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1973
- Marcia C. Noyes Award, 1966
- Honorary Doctor of Science, Beloit College, 1972
- Board of Regents, National Library of Medicine, 1959-1962
- Honorary Member, American Society of Anesthesiologists, 1945
- Charter Member, American Osler Society, 1971
Publications (5 representative)
- Keys TE. The place of the librarian on the medical team. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1962 Jul 50(3):502-4.
- Keys TE. Sir William Osler and the medical library (Part I & II). Bull Med Libr Assoc 1961 Jan 49(1):24-41 and 1961 Apr 49(2):127-48.
- Keys, Thomas E., editor. Applied medical library practice. Springfield, IL: Thomas, 1958.
- Keys TE. Changing concepts in library services. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1957 Jan 45(1):5-13.
- Keys, Thomas E. The history of surgical anesthesia. New York: Schuman’s, 1945.
- Emeritus Staff, Professor of the History of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 1972-1995
- Senior Consultant, Professor of the History of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 1970-1972
- Director, Mayo Clinic Library, Professor of the History of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 1946-1970
- Rare Books Librarian, Army Medical Library, Cleveland, OH, 1943-1946
- Reference Librarian, Mayo Clinic Library, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 1935-1942
- Assistant Librarian, Mayo Clinic Library, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 1934
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Key JD. Thomas Edward Keys, 1908-1995. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1997 Apr 85(2):219-20.
- Medical Library Association Oral History interview with Thomas Keys. Interviewer, Estelle Brodman; Chicago, Ill. The Association, 1978. Summary.
- Annan GL. Thomas Keys. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1957 October; 45(4): 575–580.
- McDaniel WB. Snapshot of the Medical Librarian as Historian and Bibliographer, to 1947. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1957 July; 45 (3) : 301–308. (p 307).
(Birth 1908; Death 1995)
Compiled by J. Michael Homan