See also Carol G. Jenkins Oral History Summary
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Nominating Committee, elected member, 2004
- Nominating Committee, chair, 2003
- Past-President, 2002-03
- President, 2001-02
- President-Elect, 2000-01
- Board of Directors, 2000-03
- MLA Executive Committee 2000-03; chair 2001-02.
- Janet Doe Lectureship, chair, 1998-99
- Task Force on Professional Development, chair, 1997-99
- Fellowship and Honorary Membership Jury, chair, 1994-95
- Nominating Committee, elected member, 1993
- Search Committee for the Executive Director, chair, 1991-92
- Board of Directors, 1989-92
- Task Force to Evaluate Annual Meetings, chair, 1989-92
- 1987 National Program Committee, chair, 1984-87
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 2001
- Named "Librarian of the Year" by Mid-Atlantic Chapter, MLA, 1999
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished Member, 1991–present
- Medical Library Association Certification, 1976–91
- National Library of Medicine, Biomedical Library and Informatics Review Committee, 2002-05; chair, 2005-06
- “AAHSL/ARL Leadership Fellows”, 2002; mentor
- Association of American Medical Colleges Group on Information Resources, Board of Directors, 1999-2001
- Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries, Board of Directors and President-Elect, 1998-99; President, 1999-2000; Past-President, 2000-01
- Health Sciences Library Management Fellowship Award, National Library of Medicine, 1978-79
Publications (5 representative)
- Jenkins CG, Marshall JG, McDuffee D. MEDLINEPlus goes local in North Carolina: context and concept. J Consumer Health on the Internet [purchasing information]. 2004 Dec;8(4): 1-8.
- Jenkins CG. Presidential address. J Med Libr Assoc 2003 Jan; 91(1): 106-12.
- Jenkins CG, Bader SA. The Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries’ collaboration with the Association of American Medical Colleges, Medical Library Association, and other organizations. J Med Libr Assoc 2003 Mar; 91(2): 161-7.
- Jenkins CG. Practical magic. Inaugural Address. J Med Libr Assoc 2002 Jan;90(1): 149-53.
- Jenkins CG. Human Resources Management in Health Sciences Libraries. In: Current Practice in Health Sciences Librarianship, Vol. 5: Administration and Management of Health Sciences Libraries. Chicago: Medical Library Association, 2001.
- Adjunct Associate Professor, School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2001-present
- Director, Health Sciences Library, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1986-present
- Executive Director, Southeastern/Atlantic Regional Medical Library Services (National Network of Libraries of Medicine) University of Maryland Health Sciences Library, Baltimore, MD, 1983-1986
- Associate Director, The Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA, 1980-1982
- Special Administrative Projects Librarian, Health Sciences Library, University of Oregon Health Science Center, Portland, OR, 1979-1980
- Sabbatical leave spent in management program at Medical Center Libraries, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, 1978-1979
- Co-Director, Division of Educational Resources, University of Oregon School of Dentistry, Portland, OR, 1974-1979
- Director, Dental Library, University of Oregon Health Sciences Center, Portland, OR, 1972-1979
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Presentation of awards. Proceedings of the 101st Annual Meeting. J Med Libr Assoc 2002 Jan; 90(1):142. [Cited May 9, 2005]. Web document.
- Marshall JG. Carol G. Jenkins, Medical Library Association President, 2001-2002. Bull Med Libr Assoc 2001 Jul; 89(3):311-314. [Cited May 9, 2005]. Web document.
Edited April 7, 2005