MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Lucretia W. McClure Excellence in Education Award Jury, chair, 2012–2013; member, 2011–2012
- Task Force on the MLA Academy for Teaching Excellence, member, 2011–2013
- 2013 Programming Section Council/Chapter Council Joint Task Force, cochair, 2010–2013
- 2010 National Program Committee, chair, 2007–2010
- Nominating Committee, member, 2006–2007
- Task Force on the Educational Policy Statement Revision, member and Continuing Education Committee liaison, 2007–2009
- 2006 National Program Committee, member and Continuing Education Committee liaison, 2004–2006
- MLA News, Expert Searching column, editor and coeditor, 2002–2012
- Task Force on Expert Searching, member, 2001–2004
- Continuing Education Committee, chair, 2006–2007; chair-designate, 2005–2006; member, 2001–2006 and 1987–1990; ex-officio member, 1990–1991; chair, 1988–1990
- 1997 National Program Committee Publicity, Promotions Subcommittee, member, 1997
- Bulletin of the Medical Library Association, Editorial Board, member, 1994–1997
- Continuing education course developer and instructor, 1992–present
- 1991 National Program Committee, Continuing Education Committee liaison, 1989–1991
- Dental Section, nominee to the MLA Nominating Committee, 2012
- Pharmacy and Drug Information, Membership Committee, chair, 1997–1999; chair, 1987–1988; chair-elect/program chair, 1986–1987; Governmental Relations Committee, liaison, 1984–1985; secretary/treasurer,1983–1984 and 1981–1982
- Public Services Section, past-chair, 2009–2011; chair, 2008–2009; chair-elect/program planner, 2007–2008; nominee to the MLA Nominating Committee, 2005; Expert Searching email discussion list, facilitator, 2004–present; Online Searching Special Interest Group, chair, 1993–1994
- Pacific Northwest Chapter, 2014 Quint Meeting (5 chapters of MLA), Continuing Education Committee, member, 2013–2014; 2006 Western Chapters Meeting, Program Planning Committee, member, 2004–2006; Continuing Education for Joint Meeting, cochair, 2004; MLA Credentialing Committee liaison, 1999–2005; recording secretary, 1987; MLA Nominating Committee nominee, 1983 and 1998; Northwest Notes (chapter newsletter), founding editor, 1979–1981
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, Medical Library Association, 2015
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished Member, 1990
- University of Washington, Distinguished Staff Award, nominee, 2008
- University of Washington Libraries, Distinguished Librarian Award, nominee, 2008
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1973
- Delta Phi Alpha (German honorary society), 1973
Other Accomplishments and Activities (selected)
- American Library Association, President’s Task Force on Library Education, member, 2007–2009
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Advisory Group member, Basic Resources List, editor, 2000–2004; Awards Committee, chair 2007–2008
- Libraries/Educational Resources Section Program Planning Committee, member, 1999
- Grace and Harold Sewell Memorial Fund, Board of Directors, member and secretary, 2007–
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database, Medical Librarian Advisory Board, member, 2003–
- Washington Medical Librarians Association, Continuing Education Committee, chair, 1992–1993; Program Committee, member, 1986; Nomination Committee, member, 1985
Publications (5 representative)
- Jankowski TA, Chodakewitz S. Health science libraries and writing centers: an innovative partnership. Contributed paper presented at: Canadian Health Libraries Association/Association des bibliothèques de la santé du Canada conference; Vancouver, BC; Jun 2015.
- Jankowski TA. Your keys to successful database searching [webinar]. Medical Library Association, Aug 2014.
- Jankowski TA. The Medical Library Association essential guide to becoming an expert searcher: proven techniques, strategies, and tips for finding health information. New York, NY: Neal-Schuman Publishers; 2008.
- Merrill B, Kelsberg G, Jankowski TA, Danis P. Clinical inquiries. what is the most effective diagnostic evaluation of streptococcal pharyngitis? J Fam Pract. 2004 Sep;53(9):734, 737–8, 740.
- Howard EH, Jankowski TA. Reference services via electronic mail. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1986 Jan;74(1):41–4. [cited 17 Sep 2015].
- Assistant Director for User Experience, Health Sciences Library, University of Washington, 2014–
- User Experience and Discovery Librarian, Health Sciences Library, University of Washington, 2013–2014
- Head, User Experience, Health Sciences Library, University of Washington, 2012–2013
- Head, Information and Education Services, Health Sciences Library, University of Washington, 2005–2012
- Information Management Librarian, Health Sciences Library, University of Washington, 2000–2005
- Acting Head, Information Services, Health Sciences Library, University of Washington, 1993–2000
- Information Services and Basic Sciences Librarian, Health Sciences Library, University of Washington, 1992–1993
- Online Resources Librarian, Health Sciences Library, University of Washington, 1987–1992
- Reference Librarian, Health Sciences Library, University of Washington, 1979–1987
- Public Services Librarian, 1978–1979; Reference Librarian, 1975–1978; Norris Medical Library, University of Southern California,
MLA published statements about the fellow
- MLA honors excellence in health sciences librarianship. MLA News. 2015 May;55(5):9, 24.
- Lessick S. The Medical Library Association essential guide to becoming an expert searcher: proven techniques, strategies, and tips for finding health information, by Terry Ann Jankowski [review]. New York, NY: Neal-Schuman Publishers. 2008 J Med Libr Assoc. 2009 Apr;97(2):153–5. [cited 17 Sep 2015]. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3163/1536-5050.97.2.018.
- Master of library science with specialization in medical librarianship, Graduate School of Library and Information Science University of California–Los Angeles, CA, 1975
- BA, zoology and German, University of Washington–Seattle, 1973 cum laude