MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- MLA/Association of Academic Health Sciences Library Directors Joint Legislative Task Force, member, 1996
- MLA News, Capitol News Column, Editor, 1989–1992
- Government Relations Committee, chair, 1992
- Continuing Education Committee, chair, 1984–1985
- Nominating Committee, member, 1983–1984
- 1983 National Program Committee, member
- Chapter Council representative, 1982–1985
- Hospital Librarians Section, Nominating Committee, member, 1985; Hospital Library Colloquia Task Force, member, 1984–1985
- Cancer Librarians Section, member
- South Central Chapter/MLA, vice-president/president 1983–1984
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1996
- South Central Chapter/MLA Distinguished Service Award 1991
- Hospital Library Section, Certificate of Service, 1996
Other Accomplishments and Activities (selected)
- Inspired many MLA members to become legislative advocates
Publications (5 representative)
- Jackson SJ, Hoffman K. (Janice) Marie Harvin, 1924–2000 [obituary]. J Med Lib Assoc. 2002 Jul;90(3):361. [cited 25 Sep 2014].
- Rogers FB, Jackson SJ. Use of medical literature. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1979 Jan;67(1):71. [cited 25 Sep 2014].
- Green AC, Jackson SJ. Excerpta Medica abstract journals: a report of one library’s subscription renewal decision. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1982 Jan;70(1):56–8. [cited 25 Sep 2014].
- Eakin D, Jackson SJ, Hannigan GG. Consumer health information: libraries as partners. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1980 Apr;68(2):220–9. [cited 25 Sep 2014].
- Jackson SJ. Use of medical literature, 2nd ed., edited by Leslie Thomas Morton [book review]. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1979 Jan;67(1):71. [cited 25 Sep 2014].
- Director, Research Medical Library, MD Anderson Hospital, Houston, TX, 1984–1996
- Associate Director for Public Services, Houston Academy of Medicine-Texas Medical Center Library, 1979–1984
- Head, Library Component, Memphis Regional Medical Program, University of Tennessee–Memphis, 1968–1978
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Squires SJ, ed. Presentation of awards. Proceedings, Ninety-Sixth Annual Meeting, Medical Library Association, Inc., Kansas City, Missouri, June 1–5, 1996. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1997Jan;85(1):96. [cited 25 Sep 2014].
- Rhodes College, Memphis, TN, 1959