MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- National Program Committee, member, 1969, 1980, 1983
- Ad Hoc Committee to Recommend Additional Sources of Income for MLA, chair, 1980
- Annual Meeting, Local Arrangements Committee, Scientific Exhibits, chair, 1973
- Committee on Scholarships, member, 1971–1975, chair 1975
- South Central Chapter of MLA, Chapter Council representative, 1981–1984; president, 1971–1972
Honors and Awards
- Arkansas Library Association, Distinguished Service Award, 1983
- Sigma Xi, 1958
Other Accomplishments and Activities (selected)
- Founding member, South Central Academic Medical Libraries Consortium (SCAMeL)
- Arkansas Library Association, president, 1970
- American Library Association, Arkansas councilor, 1971–1973
Publications (5 representative)
- Hogan R. An evaluation of MEDLARS output: demand and recurring bibliographies. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1966 Oct;54(4):321–4 [cited 30 May 2014].
- Felter J, Hogan R, Livingston F, Divett R. CE 1 basic punch card principles for librarians. MLA Annual Meeting, San Francisco, 1964.
- Dinning JS, Hogan R. A relationship of vitamin B12 to hydroxymethyl tetrahydrofolic dehydrogenase. Federation Proc. 1960;19:418.
- Douglass CD, Hogan R. A metabmolite of 1–hydrazinophthalazine (Hydralazine). Proc Soc Exp Bio Med. 1959:100:446–8.
- Hogan MR. Studies on the tissue metabolism of flavonoid compounds [master’s thesis]. Little Rock, University of Arkansas, 1959.
- Director, , 1966–1990, Reference Librarian, 1962–1966; UAMS Library, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS)–Little Rock
- Medical Researcher, Veterans Administration Hospital, Little Rock, AR, 1960–1962
- Biochemistry Department, UAMS, Little Rock, AR, 1956–60
- Graduate Teaching Fellow, St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO, 1954–1955
MLA published statements about the fellow
- In memoriam: Margaret Rose Hogan. MLA News. 2014 Apr;54(4):7 [cited 30 May 2014]. <https://www.mlanet.org/members/mla_news/pastissue.html>.
- Byrd GD, ed. Proceedings, Ninety–first Annual Meeting Medical Library Association, Inc. San Francisco, California, May 31–June 6, 1991. Business session II. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1992 Jan;80(1):82 [cited 30 May 2014].
- News items: personal notes. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1966 Jul;54(3):284 [cited 5 Jun 2014].
- MS, biochemistry, University of Arkansas, 1959
- Little Rock VA Hospital Medical Technology Program (incomplete), 1955–1956
- Graduate School, St. Louis University, 1954–1955
- BS, biology and chemistry, St. Louis University, 1954