MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- President, 1971-72
- Finance Committee, chair, 1971-72
- Central Office Committee, chair, 1971-74
- Board of Directors, member, 1959-60; 1961-62; 1970-73
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1974
- Board of Regents, National Library of Medicine, 1971-75.
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PubMed Central http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/
- Hetzner BM. Recommendations of the Goals Committee and Subsequent Actions by the Board of Directors. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1975 October; 63(4): 429-454.
- Hetzner BM. The Midcontinental Regional Medical Library: A Decentralized Service
- Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1971 April; 59(2): 247-253.
- Hetzner BM. Library Support of Medical Education and Research in Canada. Report of a Survey of the Medical College Libraries of Canada, Together with Suggestions for Improving and Extending Medical Library Service at Local, Regional, and National Levels. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1965 April; 53(2): 293-295.
- Hetzner BM. Regional Plans for Medical Library Service The Nebraska Plan for Medical Library Extension Service. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1964 July; 52(3): 499-500.
- Hetzner BM. Lifetime learning for physicians. Principles, practices, proposals.
- Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1962 October; 50(4): 798-799.
- Director, Leon S. McGoogan Library of Medicine and Director, Midcontinental Regional Medical Library Program, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NB, 1948-1974.
- Assistant Librarian for Cataloging, University of Nebraska College of Medicine, Omaha, NB, 1947-1948.
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Medical Library Association Oral History Committee interview and summary with Bernice M. Hetzner / by Ruth W. Wender. Chicago: Medical Library Association, 1984
- Bishop D. Past-president Hetzner retires. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1974 July; 62(3): 328-329. [cited April 7, 2008]
- Darling L. Bernice M. Hetzner, President, Medical Library Association, 1971-72.
- Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1971 July; 59(3): 520-522. [cited April 7, 2008]
(Birth 1909; Death 1998)
Contributed by: Alison Bunting
Edited April 7, 2008