One of the greatest challenges for librarians, even “Powerhouse” librarians, is leading projects to successful, on-time conclusions. One key to success is a solid foundation built on preplanning strategies. This webinar will introduce basic preplanning strategies that help you avoid project missteps and deliver results on time. #mlapowerhouselib
Objectives: At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- identify and implement preplanning project management strategies
- identify key behaviors that move projects forward
- identify important stakeholder groups in their organizations
- apply the knowledge learned during the webinar to a test project that they would like to move forward
As a bonus, webinar participants will receive a 30% off coupon for Gray’s book published with MLA, Becoming a Powerhouse Librarian!
Jamie M. Gray, AHIP, is the director for research and instruction at Lane Medical Library and the author of Becoming a Powerhouse Librarian! Gray has worked in academia and clinical environments and has held a variety of roles related to research and instruction, emerging technologies, and library leadership.
- Length: 1.5 hour webinar
- Date/Time: January 31, 2017, 1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m., central time
- Technical information: You will receive a link to the recording and the participant's manual a week before the live webinar.
- Individual Member: $59 (Nonmember: $99)
- Site (for unlimited viewers at one location):$225 (Nonmember Site: $325)
- Register, participate, and earn 1.5 MLA continuing education (CE) contact hours
- Includes link to recorded webinar
- Seats are limited so register now: Sites or Individuals