MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Subcommittee on the Central Office, chair, 1970
- Handbook of Medical Library Practice, co-editor, 1970
- President, 1968-69
- Board of Directors, 1967-70
- Third International Congress of Medical Librarianship, chair, 1969
- International Relations Committee, chair
- Nominating Committee, chair, 1964-65
- Publications Committee, chair, 1963-65
- BMLA, associate editor, 1958-62
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1974
- Janet Doe Lecturer, 1974
Publications (5 representative)
- Felter JW. Library cooperation: wave of the future or ripple? Bull Med Libr Assoc1975 Jan;63(1):1-6.
- Annan GL, Felter, JW, eds. Handbook of medical library practice. 3d ed Chicago: Medical Library Association, 1970.
- Felter JW. President's Inaugural Address: "MLA: people to people". Bull Med Libr Assoc 1968 Oct; 56(4):490-2.
- Felter JW. The Medical Library Center of New York: a progress report. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1968 Jan;56(1):15-20.
- Felter JW, comp. Cumulative index, volumes 41-50. Bull Med Libr Assoc Oct 1963;52(4) [PDF, 10.1MB; cumulative index begins on page 29] ; Cumulative index, volumes 1-40. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1955.
- Director, Medical Library Center of New York, New York, NY, 1967-74
- Director, Union Catalog of Medical Periodicals, Medical Library Center, New York, NY, 1961-74
- Library Director, Medical Society of Queens, Queens, NY, 1959-60
- Library Director, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, 1948-59
- Medical Librarian, New York Post Graduate School and Hospital, New York, NY, 1942-47
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Brodman E. Jaqueline W. Felter, 1909-1975 (obituary) Bull Med Libr Assoc 1977 Jan;65(1):84.
- Meyerhoff E. Jacqueline W. Felter, President, Medical Library Association, 1968/69. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1968 Jul; 56(3):317-8.
(Birth 1909; Death 1976)