MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Bulletin of the Medical Library Association, Consulting Editor
- US Book Exchange, Board of Directors, MLA Consultant, 1974–1976
- Committee on Curriculum, Member, 1974–1975
- Committee on Surveys and Statistics, Member, 1970–1975
- Ad Hoc Committee on Standards for Medical Library Technicians, Member, 1967
- Nominating Committee, Member, 1965–1967; Chair 1966–1967
- Finance Committee, Member, 1963–1965
- Committee on Committees, Member, 1963–1965
- Medical Library Association, Secretary, 1962–1965
- Bibliography Committee, Member, 1960–1961
- Subcommittee on Union List of Serials, Member, 1960–1961
- Subcommittee on Recruitment, Member, 1953–1957
- Southern Regional Group, MLA
- Chair, 1953–1954
Other Accomplishments and Activities
- Active in library organizations in North Carolina and the Southeast
- International Institute for Population Libraries, Bangkok, Thailand, Instructor, 1973
- Ad Hoc Panel on Selection of Journals for Index Medicus, Member, 1964
- Rockefeller Fellows in Medical Librarianship, Advisor (including first fellow, Ligia DeMingo Velez, in 1961)
- Medical Librarianship Seminar, School of Library Science, University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill, MLA Instructor
- Consultant to numerous hospital and other health sciences libraries in the Southeast
- Special Libraries Association, Member
- American Association of the History of Medicine, Member
Honors and Awards
- Fellow 1978
- American Medical Association Service Award for efforts from 1966–1974 to develop library resources at the University of Saigon Medical School
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PubMed Central.
- Glasgow V, Ebert M, Brodman E. Transcript of oral interview with Gertrude Annan: 7 Aug 1978. (Print copies of the oral history can be found through the Regional Medical Libraries. An oral history summary and photo are available. [cited 4 May 2012].)
- Ebert M. An introduction to the literature of the medical sciences. Chapel Hill, NC: University of North Carolina; 1963. [2nd ed, 1967; 3rd ed, 1970].
- Ebert M. Subject control of medical literature: a symposium quandaries and queries in subject control. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1961 Jan;49(1 pt 1):42–50. [cited 4 May 2012].
- Bry I, Bayne H, Ebert M. Bibliography of early psychoanalytic monographic series. 1. under the editorship of Freud. 2. Secondary publisher-sponsored series. J Am Psychoanal Assoc. 1953 Jul&Oct;1:519–25 and 706–18.
- Ebert M. The rise and development of the American medical periodical, 1797–1850. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1952 Jul;40:243–76. [cited 4 May 2012].
- Ebert M. Charles-Edouard Brown-Séquard: a nineteenth century neurologist and endocrinologist [book review]. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1947 Oct;35(4):386. [cited 4 May 2012].
- Director, Health Sciences Library, University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill, 1952–1975
- Associate Professor of Medical Bibliography, University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill, 1952–1975
- Library Associate, Bellevue Center Library, New York University, 1951–1952
- Assistant Reference Librarian and Periodicals Librarian, New York Academy of Medicine, 1946–1951
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Jenkins CG, Horres MM. Myrl Lua-Frances Ebert, October 20, 1913–May 5, 2001 [obituary]. J Med Lib Assoc. 2002 Jan;90(1):123–4. [cited May 4, 2012].
- Honors and awards. Proceedings, 78th Annual Meeting Medical Library Association, Inc. Chicago, IL, June 10–15, 1978. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1979 Jan;67(1):89. [cited 5 May 2012] .
- Martin J. An introduction to the literature of the medical sciences. 2nd ed. by Ebert M [book review]. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1967 Jul;55(3):372–3.[cited 5 May 2012].
- Vaillancourt PM. An introduction to the literature of the medical sciences. 3rd ed. by Ebert M [book review]. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1971 Jan;59(1):127–8. [cited 5 May 2012].
- MS, Columbia University, 1951
- BA and BS, Library Science, George Peabody College, 1943
(Birth 1913; Death 2001)
Contributed by Carol Jenkins and Diane McKenzie