MLA Fellow Brief Vitae
Wayne J. Peay
Fellowship Conferred: 2000
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Board of Directors, member, 1992-94
- Copyright Committee, chair, 1982-84
- Midcontinental Chapter, Chair, 1983-84
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 2000
- Janet Doe Lecturer, 1998
- American Library Association/Association of Library Trustees and Advocates.
National Honor Roll, 2000
- National Science Foundation. Information Technology Research Initiative.
Review Panel, 2000
- Distinguished Service Award. Utah Library Association, 1999
- Utah State Chief Information Officer's Award. December, 1997
- Accreditation Reviewer. Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges.
Commission on Colleges, 1996 - 2000
- Reviewer. Idaho Technology Incentive Grant Program. Idaho Board of
- Midcontinental Chapter of the Medical Library Association, Bernice
M. Hetzner Award for Excellence in Academic Health Sciences Librarianship,
- National Library of Medicine, Biomedical Library Review Committee,
member, 1992-1996; chair, 1995-96
Publications (5 representative)
- Guard JR, Peay WJ. Tracing
technology in the Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries.
J Med Libr Assoc 2003 Apr;91(2):173-7. [cited June 1, 2003]. <http://pubmedcentral.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=153158>.
- Peay WJ. Strategies and measures for our next century. Bull Med Libr
Assoc 1999 Jan; 87(1): 1-8.
- Peay WJ, Hess SH, Sharp EM. The Utah Education Network: a collaborative
model. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1994 Oct; 82(4):407-411.
- Peay WJ, Butter KA, Dougherty NA. IAIMS and the library at the University
of Utah. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1986 Jul; 74(3): 238-42.
- Miller J, Peay WJ. Serials: control and special problems. In: Darling
L, ed. Handbook of Medical Library Practice. 4th ed. Chicago: Medical
Library Association, 1983.
- Director, Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library, University of
Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 1984-present
- Coordinator, Technology & Distance Education Initiative, Utah
System of Higher Education, Salt Lake City, UT, 1995-99
- Head, Computer and Media Services Department, Spencer S. Eccles Health
Sciences Library, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 1983-84
- Head, Technical Services Department, Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences
Library, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 1980-83
- Head, Media Services Department, Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences
Library, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 1977-83
- Assistant Director, Data Processing Department, Medical Library Center
of New York, New York City, NY, 1975-77
- Serials Librarian and Coordinator, PHILSOM Network, School of Medicine
Library, Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 1973-75
MLA published statements about the fellow
Edited June 1, 2003