MLA Fellow Brief Vitae
Priscilla M. Mayden
Fellowship Conferred: 1983
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Board of Directors, member, 1975-78
- Medical School Libraries Group, chair, 1969
- Midcontinental Chapter, Chair, 1972-73
Honors and Awards
- Certificate of Recognition, Promotion of Research in Science, Sigma
Xi, University of Utah Chapter, 1982
- Distinguished Service Award for Librarianship in Higher Education,
Utah Library Association, 1980
- National Library of Medicine, Biomedical Library Review Committee,
- Beta Phi Mu, Library Honor Society, 1967
- Mayden PM. Changes in the MLA scholarship program. Bull Med Libr Assoc
1978 Jul; 66(3):353-4.
- Mayden, PM. RMP phase-out. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1973 Jul; 61(3):345-6.
- Director & Associate Professor, Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences
Library, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 1966-84
- Chief Librarian, Veterans Administration Hospital, Salt Lake City,
- Chief Librarian, Veterans Administration Hospital, Bedford, MA, 1946-52
- Hospital Librarian, Women's Army Corps, USAF Redistribution Center,
Santa Ana, CA, 1944-46
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Medical Library Association. Summary
of Oral History Committee Interview with Priscilla Maltby Mayden.
Interview conducted on June 25-26, 1988 by Alison Bunting. Chicago,
Medical Library Association, 1991. [cited May 31, 2003]. <http://mlanet.org/about/history/p_mayden.html>.
- Honors and awards. Proceedings of the 84th annual meeting. Bull Med
Libr Assoc 1985 Jan;73(1): 107.
Edited June 1, 2003