MLA Fellow Brief Vitae
Mary Louise Marshall, 1893-1986
Fellowship Conferred: 1960
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- President, 1941–1946
- Treasurer, 1930–1937
- Membership Committee, Chair, 1927–1929
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1960
- Marcia C. Noyes Award, 1953
- Board of Regents, National Library of Medicine, Member, 1956? (first term)
- Army Medical Library Classification Scheme Committee, Chair,
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical Library Association are available via PubMed Central.
- Marshall ML. Reminiscences. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1961 Jul;49(3):369–73.
- Doe J, Marshall ML, eds. Handbook of medical library practice. Chicago, IL: American Library Association; 1956.
- Marshall ML. Cultural and archival contributions of the medical school library. J Med Educ. 1955 Sep;30(9 part 1):503–7.
- Marshall ML. Teaching the use of the library at the graduate level. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1952 Oct;40(4):359–60.
- Marshall ML. Classification. In: Doe J, ed. Handbook of medical library practice. Chicago, IL: American Library Association; 1942.
- Librarian, Medical School, Tulane University, New Orleans, 1928–1959
- Librarian, Medical Library, Orleans Parish, 1920–1927
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Brodman E. Mary Louise Marshall, 1893–1986 [obituary]. Bull Med Lib Assoc. 1986 Jul;74(3):288–90. [cited May 9, 2005].
- Brodman E. Transcript of oral interview with Mary Louise Marshall: Sep and Oct 1977. (Print copies of the oral history can be found through the Regional Medical Libraries. An oral history summary and photo are available at http://www.mlanet.org/about/history/marshall_m.html. [cited 6 Oct 2003].)
Edited July 26, 2004; May 9, 2005