MLA Fellow Brief Vitae
Jane Annis Lambremont (1931-2005)
Fellowship Conferred: 1996
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Nominating Committee, elected member, 1996
- Board of Directors, 1984 -1987
- Hospital Library Standards and Practices Committee, Chair 1980
- South Central Regional Group of MLA, Chair, 1979-1980
Honors and Awards
- Southeastern Conference of Hospital Librarians, President, 1988-1989; Recognition Award for Outstanding Service, 1992
- Governor’s (Louisiana) Conference on Libraries, Steering Committee member, 1978
- National Library of Medicine/Hospital Librarians’ Conference, "Bethesda Eleven", participant, 1978
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical
Library Association are available via PubMed Central http://pubmedcentral.gov/
- Lambremont JA. The Grant-Seeker’s Guide. Baltimore: SE/A RMLS, 1986.
- Wender R, Lambremont, JA., Bush C. “Consulting in the Small Hospital Library”. Dallas: TALON Regional Medical Library Program, 1981, SE/A RMLS 2nd ed, 1986.
- Antes EJ and Lambremont JA, “Professional Development”. In: Bradley, J. ed. Hospital Library Management. Chicago: Medical Library Association, 1983, pp. 343-352.
- Topper JM, et.al. “JCAH Accreditation and the Hospital Library: a guide for librarians”, Bull. Med. Lib. Assoc. 68(2): 212-219, April 1980.
- Lambremont JA. “Library Traineeship in a Hospital Library Setting,” In: Fruehauf M, Shared Services, Shared Ideas. Oklahoma City: South Central Regional Group, Medical Library Association Proceedings, 1976.
- Chief, Library Service, Department of Veterans Affairs, Alexandria, LA 1994-1997
- Chief, Library Services, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Ashville, NC, 1986-1994
- Education Coordinator, Southeastern/Atlantic Regional Medical Library Service, University of Maryland Health Sciences Library, Baltimore, MD, 1983-1986
- Liaison Librarian, Area Health Education Centers Program, Health Sciences Library, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, 19880-1983
- Medical Library Director, Earl K. Long Hospital, Baton Rouge, LA , 1969-1980
- Reference and Headquarters Librarian, Community Medical Library Consortium, Baton Rouge, LA, 1975-1980
- Supervisor of Hospital Library/Training Program for Students, LSU Graduate School of Library Science, Baton Rouge, LA, 1974 -1980
MLA published statements about the fellow
Submitted by Joanne Boorkman
Edited September 14, 2008