MLA Fellow Brief Vitae
Thomas P. Fleming, 1907–1992
Fellowship Conferred: 1973
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Joint Committee of the Association of American Medical Colleges and the Medical Library Association to Develop Guidelines for Medical School Libraries, Member
- Joint Committee on Importation, Representative
- Army Medical Library Survey Committee, 1943
- Committee on Public Documents, Chair, 1940
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1973
- Marcia C. Noyes Award, 1972
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical
Library Association are available via PubMed Central.
- Librarian, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, 1948–1972
- Professor of Library Service, Columbia University, New York, NY, 1948–1972
- Librarian, University Library, Columbia University, New York, NY, 1944–1948
- Librarian, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, 1936–1944
- Librarian, Library, University of Minnesota–Minneapoli
- Librarian, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Kramer CE. Thomas P. Fleming, 1907–1992 [obituary]. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1993 Oct;81(4):462–4 [cited 17 Mar 2011] .
- Glasgow V, Meyerhoff E. MLA Oral History Committee interview with Thomas Paul Fleming. Summary of the interview conducted December 16, 1978, and November 5, 1990 [cited 17 Mar 2011].
Edited March 16, 2011