MLA Fellow Brief Vitae
Isabelle T. Anderson
Fellowship Conferred: 1971
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Committee on Scholarships, chair, 1967-68
- President, 1958-59
- Nominating Committee, 1935
- Colorado Council of Medical Librarians, founding member, 1957
Honors and Awards
- Isabelle T. Anderson collection of professional library materials.
Supported by the Colorado Council of Medical Librarians and housed at
the Denison Memorial Library at the University of Colorado Health Sciences
Publications (5 representative)
- Pizer IH, Anderson IT, Brodman E. Mechanization of library procedures
in the medium-sized medical library: II circulation records. Bull Med
Libr Assoc 1964 Jul; 52(3):370-85.
- Anderson IT, Acquisition and preservation In: Handbook of medical
library practice, with a bibliography of the reference works and histories
in medicine and the allied sciences.
- Doe J, Marshall ML, eds. 2d ed. Chicago: American Library Association,
- Anderson IT. Historical material for the small medical library. Bull
Med Libr Assoc 1951 Jan 39(1):12.
- Anderson IT. Subject headings. In: Handbook of medical library practice,
including annotated bibliographical guides to the literature and history
of the medical and allied sciences.Jones MI, Doe J, eds. Chicago: American
Library Association, 1948:130-147.
- Librarian of the Medical and Neurological Sciences Library, St. Joseph's
Hospital, Phoenix, AZ, 1965-70
- Assistant Librarian for Technical Services, School of Medicine Library,
Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 1961-65
- Reference Division Librarian and Head of the Loan and Stack Section,
National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1960-61
- Library Director, Denver Medical Society, Denver, CO, 1956-60
- Director, Medical School Library, University of Utah, Salt Lake City,
- Librarian, Ramsey County Medical Society, St. Paul MN, 1930-47
- Assistant, School of Medicine Library, University of Colorado, Denver,
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Isabelle Anderson Memorial Fund. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1972 Jul; 60(3):500
- Eig, N. Obituary, Isabelle Thoburn Anderson. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1972
- Runge EA. Isabelle T. Anderson, President, Medical Library Association,
1958/59. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1958 Oct; 46(4):623-4.
Edited September 24, 2003