MLA '07: Job Placement Center
Rooms 402 and 403
- Saturday, May 19 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, May 20 11:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 21 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 22 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Job Opportunity/Employer Form (PDF, 29 KB)
Job Seeker Form (PDF, 34 KB)
Whether you are seeking an entry-level position, an opportunity for advancement, a change of scenery, or a highly qualified employee, take advantage of the Job Placement Center.
Individual job seekers and employers must register with the Job Placement Center by downloading and completing the forms, calling 312.419.9094 x13, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2007; employers and individual job seekers may submit late applications onsite through Monday, May 21.
All forms will be accepted whether or not you are able to attend MLA ’07. Only employers are assessed fees for participating; there is no fee for job seekers. Fees are listed on the required forms below.
In addition to the onsite Job Placement Center, employers can post job opportunities on the MLA ’07 Website for $100.00 for 2 months.
The special May meeting edition of the MLA News provides an additional opportunity to place job postings. Visit www.mlanet.org/jobs/jobs2.html to place a job ad in the MLA News. (Note: annual meeting pricing listed above does not apply to MLA News job ads.)
Job Classifications (select from these classifications when completing forms)
||Principal function will be management or administration.
||Duties will entail preservation, collection development, acquisitions, cataloging, planning and maintenance of library automated systems, or all or any of the above.
||Duties will include circulation, reference, online searching, interlibrary loan, education, audiovisual services, or all or any of the above.
||Please include a complete description.
The following employers have elected to place their meeting job opportunities online. See individual descriptions for contact information. Listed in STATE order.
- Assistant Director, Access Services, Univ. of FL, Hlth Sci. Ctr. Library, Gainesville, FL | 65KB
- Assistant Director, Reference, Univ. of FL, Hlth Sci. Ctr. Library, Gainesville, FL | 64KB
- Resources Management Librarian, UMB Campus, Univ. of Maryland, Baltimore, MD | 72KB
- Director, Public Hlth Library and Informatics, Univ. of MI, Ann Arbor, MI | 186KB
- Liaison Services Librarian, Univ. of MI, Ann Arbor, MI | 175KB
- Assistant Director, Education & Information Services, Univ. of Rochester Med. Ctr., Edward G. Miner Library, Rochester, NY | 72KB
- Collection Services Librarian, Univ. of TN, Hlth Sci. Library , Memphis, TN | 95KB
- Library Intern, Vanderbilt Univ., Eskind Biomedical Library, Nashville, TN | 74KB
- Reference & Liaison Librarian, Medical Univ. of SC, Library, Charleston, SC | 63KB
- Coordinator of Education & Information Technology and Services, Texas A&M Univ. Libraries, Medical Sciences Library, College Station, TX | 69KB
- Associate Director, Information Services, HAM-TMC Library, Houston, TX | 170KB
- Instructional Services Coordinator (Librarian III), Univ. of TX Health Science Ctr. at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX | 72KB
- Director of Briscoe Library Operations, Univ. of TX Health Science Ctr. at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX | 89KB