MLA '06: Job Placement Center
- Saturday, May 20: 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, May 21: 11:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 22: 9:00 a.m.–noon and 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 23: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 24: 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Whether you are seeking an entry-level position, an opportunity for advancement, a change of scenery, or a highly qualified employee, take advantage of the MLA '06 Job Placement Center.
Individual job seekers and employers must register with the Job Placement
Center by downloading and completing the forms below by May 1,
2006; you may also request a form by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org,
312.419.9094 x13. No other forms except these forms will be accepted.
All forms will be accepted whether or not you are able to attend MLA ’06. Only employers are assessed fees for participating; there is no fee for job seekers.
(select from these classifications on the forms above)
function will be management or administration.
will entail preservation, collection development, acquisitions, cataloging,
planning and maintenance of library automated systems, or all or any
of the above.
will include circulation, reference, online searching, interlibrary
loan, education, audiovisual services, or all or any of the above.
include a complete description.
In addition to the onsite Job Placement Center, employers can post job
opportunities on the MLA ’06 Website for $75.00 for 2 months. The
special May meeting edition of the MLA News provides an additional
opportunity to place job postings. Visit the job
information area on MLANET for information on placing a job ad in
Online Job Placement Service
The following employers have elected to place their meeting job opportunities online. See individual descriptions for contact information. Listed in STATE order.
- Librarian, Scottsdale Healthcare / Health Sciences Library, Scottsdale, AZ (PDF, 63KB)
- Reference/Instruction/Outreach Librarian, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA (PDF, 71KB)
- Assistant Director for Client Services, Georgetown University Medical Center Library, Washington, DC (PDF, 78KB)
- Associate Director, Greenblatt Library, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA (PDF, 78KB)
- Virtual Services Librarian, Greenblatt Library, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA (PDF, 86KB)
- Assistant Director for Resources Management, Medical Library and Peyton T. Anderson Learning Resources Center, Mercer University School of Medicine, Macon, GA (PDF, 75KB)
- Medical Informatics Specialist, American Academy of Dermatology, Schaumberg, IL (PDF, 81KB)
- Clinical Librarian, Welch Library, Johns Hopkins University,Baltimore, MD (PDF, 80KB)
- Health Sciences Librarian (Public Health), Welch Library, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD (PDF, 75KB)
- Clinical Informationist, HAM-TMC Library, Houston, TX (PDF, 119KB)
- NN/LM SCR Assessment and Programs Coordinator, HAM-TMC Library, Houston, TX (PDF, 95KB)
- NN/LM SCR Health Professionals Outreach Coordinator, HAM-TMC Library, Houston, TX (PDF, 94KB)
- NN/LM SCR Public Health Outreach Coordinator, HAM-TMC Library, Houston, TX (PDF, 98KB)
- Reference and Liaison Librarian, Medical University of South Carolina,. Library, Charleston, SC (PDF, 80KB)
- Outreach Coordinator, Wegner Health Science Information Center, Sioux Falls, SD (PDF, 99KB)
- Database Design Analyst, Wolters Kluwer Health-Ovid Technologies, Sandy, UT (PDF, 171KB)